BCPL has a new app! It contains all of the same features of our original app, with some new updates and a more user-friendly interface. Please note: The old app will no longer work as of September 1, 2022. You will also need a valid Boone County Public Library card in order to use most of the app’s functions.
Here are a few things you can do with the new app:
- Use the digital library card to check out books at a self-check machine inside BCPL.
- Use the Self-Checkout feature to check out books as you take them off the shelf. No need to stop by a self-check machine or service desk. (Note: For this feature to work, you need to give the app access to your camera for scanning the item’s barcode, or you can manually type the barcode.)
- Manage family accounts without logging in and out — a great feature for families!
- Review your account for any fines or fees you may have accrued.
- NEW! Register for programs and events directly in the app.
- NEW! In addition to searching and placing holds in our physical catalog, you can now search and check out digital items that will appear on the shelf in your Libby app.
- NEW! View new releases on the app’s home screen and easily place a hold.
- NEW! For services that cannot be performed in the app, such as meeting room reservations, research tools and more, you can click on the link in the app and be taken directly to your destination on our website.