Like Shakespeare said “Music is the Food of Love” so to help with whatever your Valentine’s Day plans may be, here are 5 Freegal playlists that will provide the perfect soundtrack for a memorable evening!
PlayList 1: Valentine’s Dance
- I Wanna Dance with Somebody – Whitney Houston
- Shut Up and Dance -Walk The Moon
- I Want You to Want Me – Cheap Trick
- The Way You make Me Feel – Michael Jackson
- Crazy in Love – Beyonce
- Open Arms – Journey
- Endless Love – Luther Vandross and Mariah Carey
- I Have Nothing – Whitney Houston
- I Don’t Want to Miss a Thing – Aerosmith
- Almost Paradise –Mike Reno Feat. Ann Wilson
- Colour My World – Chicago
- Your Body Is a Wonderland – John Mayer
- All Of Me –John Legend
- Make You Feel My Love – Adele
- Let’s Get It On –Marvin Gaye
- Say Something –A Great Big World & Christina Aguilera
- Total Eclipse of the Heart – Bonnie Tyler
- How Can You Mend A Broken Heart – Al Green
- Un-break My Heart – Toni Braxton
- You’ve Lost that Loving Feeling –Elvis Presley
- Lips are Movin – Meghan Trainor
- What Goes Around…Comes Around –Justin Timberlake
- Rolling in the Deep –Adele
- Since U Been Gone – Kelly Clarkson
- I will Survive – Gloria Gaynor
You can access Freegal at https://www.bcpl.org/digital/ or through the Freegal app to get your 5 free MP3’s a week. All you need is your BCPL library card!
-Katie Widener is the Digital Services Librarian for BCPL. She is a Boone County native, went to U of L for undergrad, and received her Master’s degree in Library and Information Sciences from UK. She’s been with BCPL for 7 years, previously as a Reference Librarian and the resident yarn and comic book enthusiast.
Brilliant blog with terrific songs! I love Freegal! Katie, you should be a DJ.