Chilton Library is a great digital resource for any driver looking to maintain and repair their vehicle! This online platform offers several helpful features designed to help you stay on the road such as vehicle-specific maintenance info, step-by-step repair instructions, detailed diagrams and photos for assistance, and even a labor estimating tool to help you figure out costs. And don’t worry, Chilton Library knows handling your phone or tablet may not always be ideal for those working under a hood. That’s why they make sure their instructions can always be printed in a user-friendly format, perfect for getting the job done.
Follow these simple steps to get started:
1. Go to bcpl.org and click on the Research tab.
2. Next, click the DIY: Auto Repair and Creative Bug section.
3. In the drop-down menu, click the Chilton Library link.
4. Once on the Chilton Library page, you can begin your search with the Vehicle Selector by entering the year, make and model of the vehicle.
5. When your search is complete, you can dive into the specifics of your vehicle’s information by clicking the provided category links.
In addition to maintenance and repairs, Chilton Library also offers Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) test prep quizzes for those interested in taking certification exams. These include exams such as the A1-Automotive Engine Repair, the C1-Service Consultant, the A9- Light Vehicle Diesel Engine, and many more! So whether you’re looking to advance your career in the automotive industry or just want to fix your car’s squealing belt, Chilton Library is here to help!
Written by Emily Sexton
Public Relations Specialist